Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark L Willis has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Mark L Willis has the following 12 expertise
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Intervertebral disk inflammation (Discitis)
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Joint Pain (Arthralgia)
- Muscle Pain (Intermittent Claudication)
- Nerve Pain (Neuralgia)
- Herniated Disc
- Lower Back Pain
Dr. Mark L Willis has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mark L Willis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
I used to think he was the best but I will never go back. My last two visits have been odd. Conversations aren’t complete and are erratic. He doesn’t seem focused on what I’m saying half the time. One minute he seems genuine and caring and the next it’s clear he’s not paying attention. I’ve been a patient for a couple of years and I’m telling you, something has changed.
I think Dr. Willis is the BEST dr. that I have ever been to in 72 yrs.He is very easy to sit down and talk to and is very understanding of pain and how to help ease it. I consider him not only my dr., but my friend as well.! Doc just needs to go with a winning football team in the SECð¤ð¤, RTR!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Mark L Willis accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSOUTHEAST PAIN MANAGEMENT CENTER, 208 Haven Dr, Dothan, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark L Willis, MD - Pain Medicine in Dothan, AL, in this video.
Dr. Mark L Willis is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Dothan, AL.