Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark A Willoughby
Dr. Mark A Willoughby, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chula Vista, CA, with other offices in San Diego, CA and San Diego, CA . His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Willoughby is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Coronado Hospital and Tri City Medical Center. Dr. Willoughby has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Mark A Willoughby has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Mark A Willoughby has the following 12 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Biopsy
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Dr. Mark A Willoughby is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 8
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Willoughby is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Mark A Willoughby accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Mark A Willoughby
Mark Willoughby is a native San Diegan, graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles and received his medical degree from Ohio State University, School of Medicine. He trained in dermatology at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, where he was chief resident. Dr. Willoughby then completed a cosmetic surgery fellowship affiliated with the University of California, Los Angeles and accredited by the American College of Cosmetic Surgery. He is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American College of Cosmetic Surgery, and a Board member of the Society of Cosmetic Surgeons. Dr. Willoughby is a board certified dermatologist specializing in dermatologic, cosmetic, and laser surgery. He maintains an active and busy schedule in both the dermatologic and local community participating in national meetings, academic preceptorships, and community skin cancer screens sponsored by the American Academy of Dermatology.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark A Willoughby, MD - Dermatology in Chula Vista, CA, in this video.
Dr. Mark A Willoughby is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chula Vista, CA.