Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark Xenakis
Dr. Mark Xenakis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Xenakis is affiliated with Bon Secours St Marys Hospital, Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest and CJW Medical Center - Johnston Willis Hospital Campus. Dr. Xenakis has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark Xenakis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Nuclear Stress Test
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Failure
- Chest Pain
- Shortness of Breath
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 10
outstanding in every way dr mark xenakis .came in the hospitail with heart burn I couldn't get rid of .they ran some test on me and said I was about to have a heart attack .I said .b..S. told them I would think about it over the week end and come back .and here comes dr xenakis .talked with me joked around with me felt very comfortable .3 mins later he had me on a table .doing a cath.95 percent block aorta .the man saved my life .look forward to visiting him once a yr .the man cracks me up .5 stars aross the board with no dout .
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Xenakis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1996
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Mark Xenakis accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiovascular Associates Of Va, 7001 Forest Ave Ste 200, Richmond, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mark Xenakis in this video.
Dr. Mark Xenakis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.