Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mark I Zimmerman
Dr. Mark I Zimmerman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Summit, NJ. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Zimmerman is affiliated with St Barnabas Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center. Dr. Zimmerman has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Mark I Zimmerman has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Zimmerman is a rare Doctor. He cares about you and listens. After listening to all my symptoms, thoroughly going over my health history, a physical examination and looked over all my prior test results he knew exactly what was wrong with me & what we need to keep a close eye on. He took his time explaining everything to all my questions without rushing me. I feel confident I am in the right hands.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Zimmerman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Mark I Zimmerman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary And Allergy Associates, 1 Springfield Ave Ste 3A, Summit, NJ
Dr. Mark I Zimmerman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Summit, NJ.