Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Markos H Zemede has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Markos H Zemede has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Markos H Zemede has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Markos H Zemede is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
He is the best medical professional I've ever dealt with
Dr. Zemede is an excellent doctor and is very thorough in his examinations. He listens patiently and never seems hurried. He is also extremely kind. I have always hesitated to visit any doctor because of my weight, but I know it has to be addressed because it has such a major effect on health. When I have brought it up, Dr Zemede has been encouraging rather than critical. He is also good in his recommendations to specialists when needed.
Iâve only been to Dr. Zemente several times. My lab test for cholesterol level came out high. I received a call from Dr. Zementeâs office to start a statin drug at a certain milligram. Being that some people get a lot of negative side effects from statins & I have never been on a statin before I asked if I could start out on a lower milligram 1st then if that doesnât work go up to the higher milligram. The girl said she would have to ask Dr. Zemente & get back to me. When she called back she said the Dr. said ânoâ I have to take the higher milligram. Being curious, I wanted to know the reason why. Is it because my cholesterol is way too high or some other good reason? Since she said she didnât know Dr. Zementeâs reasoning, I asked her to have the Dr. call me so I could ask him. He called me back, I asked him the question, & he told me to go find another doctor. Would it really hurt to error on the side of caution & start with the lower milligram first?? I donât know. I wouldâve liked some kind of discussion w/Zemente on the pros & cons, but he didnât even want to engage in discussion. His attitude is just do as I say, donât ask any questions so you wonât take up too much of my time or my staffâs time. Zemente & I arenât a good match at all. I am a curious type & always have a lot of questions & feel my healthcare is collaboration between me & the doctor. I like an open communication w/the doctor & I like to feel free to ask any questions without feeling like Iâm taking too much of the doctorâs time, or the doctor thinking just because Iâm asking questions I think Iâm some kind of expert. He has shown me he is not willing to work for the best interest of his patient. Seemingly a friendly, nice, man, but a dr who must streamline his patients âone size first allâ, donât ask any questions or ask about options; itâll irritate him!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
25 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Markos H Zemede accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLeaders In Quality Medical Group, 1221 E Spruce Ave, Fresno, CA
Dr. Markos H Zemede is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresno, CA.