Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Markus Erb has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
Dr. Markus Erb is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr Erb is an amazing doctor. He is one of my 5 week old son's cardiologists and as much as I love the others, he is by far my favorite. He is very professional, but also allows you to talk to him on a personal level. He kept in contact with my son's pediatrician so I didn't have to during the stressful time of my son's surgery. He is very kind and caring and I know that he will be a part of my son's life for the many years to come. When he saw my daughter, he was fun, keeping us calm. When he delivered us the bad news of another heart defect my son had, he kept us very relaxed and explained everything so well. He is just great.
Dr. Erb has been treating my daughter for the past 3+ years and monitoring a issue w/ her aorta. We (Dr. & parents) finally made the decision to intervene w/ surgery. Very happy w/ the outcome & the post surgery follow will be extensive. All options were discuss w/ us prior to any action & we are very please w/ the outcome. Very well trained & great post surgery care.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Health Center, 79 Sand Pit Rd Ste 201, Danbury, CT
Dr. Markus Erb is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danbury, CT.