Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marlene Bednar
Dr. Marlene Bednar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, PA. She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Bednar is affiliated with UPMC South Side, UPMC Horizon - Shenago Valley Campus and UPMC Passavant Cranberry. She speaks English.
Dr. Marlene Bednar has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Memory Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Primary Headache Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I was here to give a raving 5 Star Review for Dr. Bednar for the excellent diagnosis and treatment she has provided me for the past year or so. She is extremely intelligent, a very good communicator, does a very thorough exam and testing, and appeared extremely compassionate. However, after reading her response to negative reviews, I have an entirely different opinion of her. I was very disappointed and saw substantial immaturity on her part. She appeared to be a hostile person who evidently cannot take any criticism whether it was deserved or not. Reading her responses horrified me. There also appears to be several HIPAA violations. I am in search of another neurologist. This time I will read the reviews first.
Superb, excellent, kind neurologist!
Dr. Bednar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UPMC South Side
UPMC Horizon - Shenago Valley Campus
UPMC Passavant Cranberry
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
UPMC Horizon Greenville
UPMC Horizon Shenango
32 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1984
Case Western Reserve University/University Hospitals Case Medical Center
Dr. Marlene Bednar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert Harold Jama DO, 109 Woodfield Dr, Greenville, PA
Dr. Marlene Bednar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, PA.