Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marlene M Pierantoni has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Marlene M Pierantoni has the following 6 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Marlene M Pierantoni has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 1
Agitation or irritationElevated moodHyperactivityIncreased energyLack of self-controlRacing thoughtsInflated self-esteem (delusions of grandeur, false beliefs in special abilities)Little need for sleepOver-involvement in activitiesPoor temper controlReckless behaviorBinge eating, drinking, and/or drug useImpaired judgmentSexual promiscuitySpending spreesTendency to be easily distractedThese symptoms of mania are seen with bipolar disorder I. In people with bipolar disorder II, hypomanic episodes involve similar symptoms that are less intense.The depressed phase of both types of bipolar disorder involves very serious symptoms of major depression:Difficulty concentrating, remembering, or making decisionsEating disturbancesLoss of appetite and weight lossOvereating and weight gainFatigue or listlessnessFeelings of worthlessness, hopelessness and/or guiltLoss of self-esteemPersistent sadnessPersistent thoughts of deathSleep disturbancesExcessive sleepinessInability to sleepSuicidal thoughtsWithdrawal from activities that were once enjoyedWithdrawal from friendsThere is a high risk of suicide with bipolar disorder. While in either phase, patients may abuse alcohol or other substances, which can worsen the symptoms.Sometimes there is an overlap between the two phases. Manic and depressive symptoms may occur simultaneously or in quick succession in what is called a mixed state.
14 Years Experience
University of Puerto Rico
Graduated in 2004
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2 Columbia Dr, Tampa, FL
Dr. Marlene M Pierantoni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.