Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mo-Ping Tham
Dr. Mo-Ping Tham, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine. Dr. Tham is affiliated with John Peter Smith Hospital, Harris Continued Care Hospital and Texas Health Fort Worth. She speaks English.
Dr. Mo-Ping Tham has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Tham is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Harris Continued Care Hospital
Texas Health Fort Worth
Good Samaritan Hosp Med Ctr, West Islip, Ny
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
15 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Good Samaritan Hospital
Dr. Mo-Ping Tham accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLone Star Circle of Care, 1611 W 5th St, Austin, TX
Dr. Mo-Ping Tham is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.