Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marlon J Navarro has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marlon J Navarro has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Marlon J Navarro has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Navarro was the answer to my prayers. I have R.A. and fibromyalgia. I was having a terrible time getting the pain under control and finding the correct medication. Thanks to Dr. Navarro, I am on my way to feeling so much better! His nurse, Vicky, is very thorough, caring and makes you feel like you are in very competent hands. They make a great team. I have been seeing Dr. Navarro for nearly a year and hope to continue for many, many years. I highly recommend him!
Dr. Navarro is outstanding. After an appointment with him, I leave reminded of how lucky I am to have outstanding healthcare in Eau Claire. He always follows through even if it is after hours. I thoroughly appreciate his time and his ability to make me feel like my situation is important and valued.
Dr. Navarro is by a wide margin the most concerned and interested physician I have ever encountered. I have a very tough diagnostic situation, but Dr. Navarro has never given up on finding the answer, even when the investigation led outside rheumatology into internal medicine, neurology, opthalmology, gastroenterology, pulmonary medicine and beyond. He ordered tests and appointments with other specialists, biopsies, and always maintained a supervisory position in that process, even when it was beyond the scope of his responsibility to do so. WAY above and beyone what is expected! He always listens and keeps an open mind, believing that often the right answer is not the most apparent answer. His unflagging intellectual curiosity always asks the hard questions, and he keeps digging for answers. I drive three hours to see him, each way, and I can guarantee that I'd drive ten hours, happily!
- Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Marlon J Navarro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsMarshfield Clinic Eau Claire Surgery Center, 2116 Craig Rd, Eau Claire, WI
Dr. Marlon J Navarro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eau Claire, WI.