Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marnie J Marker
Dr. Marnie J Marker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wheeling, WV, with another office in Saint Clairsville, OH. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Marker is affiliated with Ohio Valley Medical Center and Belmont Community Hospital. Dr. Marker has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Marnie J Marker has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Showing 5 of 12
Unfortunately I have been diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease from a type of cancer, Multiple Myeloma. Dr. Marker referred me to a Hematologist/Oncologist. Dr. Marker has followed my cancer treatments and eventual Stem Cell Transplant. She saw me during my chemotherapy stage and I again have I an appointment next week for post transplant follow-up. Dr. Marker sat still and talked with us, my wife and I, and let us talk with her. She takes her time and makes me feel that she truly cares about my progress and is willing to do whatever is in her ability to keep me far, far away from dialysis.
My husband had been to a cardiologist first but blood tests sent us to Dr. Marker. More tests were needed and my husband had anemia. Dr Marker recommended a hematologist/Oncologist. All said and done, my husband has Multiple Myeloma, a plasma cell cancer. The cancer has significantly damaged my husband's kidneys. Her office has called with updates and my husband had a follow-up visit three weeks ago. Dr. Marker listens and is very patient when questions are needed to be answered. She has been very involved with my husband's chemo treatments and with the recommendation to go to the James Cancer Center in Columbus. I would recommend Dr. Marker as a Nephrologist for anyone who has problems with their kidneys.
On two separate occasions this doctor has saved my life two years apart. It turns out I have become very sensitive to certain medications. By being prescribed new meds by different doctors, my kidneys went into "shock" on two separate instances. Dr. Marker was able to diagnose the problem and remedy such in a matter of 24 hours. She is a brilliant doctor and very compassionate!
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Marker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
West Virginia University Hospital
Dr. Marnie J Marker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marnie J Marker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wheeling, WV.