Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marsha E Gorens MD
Dr. Marsha E Gorens has 2 locations
Dr. Marsha E Gorens has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Marsha E Gorens has the following 15 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Pelvic Exam
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 12
No Follow Up Physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marsha E Gorens - Posted on September 18th, 2018
Dr. Gorens has been my physicians for years. I initially stopped seeing her however could never remember why. My reality checked in and now I know why I stopped seeing her. This physicians never returned my calls after taking lab work. I had to keep calling her office to get the results of my lab work. Only after I spoke with her nurse she finally decided to give me a callback. My suggestion is never start a patient on a hormonal treatment and not follow up with them after 3 months of being on a regimen. She’s never informed me if my levels are within range or not. I’m only saying find a doctor who cares.
I was recommended to Dr. Gorens by a co-worker and very pleased with my experience. Dr. Gorens is patient and thorough in explaining everything to me. She promptly responds to texts and emails and her staff is very friendly and competent at assisting Dr. Gorens. I would not hesitate to recommend others.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marsha E Gorens - Posted on July 7th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marsha E Gorens - Posted on May 25th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marsha E Gorens - Posted on April 21st, 2016
Choose ANOTHER Option
Self-verified patient of Dr. Marsha E Gorens - Posted on January 6th, 2016
Through a recommendation, I scheduled my 1st appointment with Dr. Gorens, for 4:30p. I arrived early enough to fill out paperwork, and after completion, it was 4:20p. After waiting for OVER an hour, I told the clerk at the desk I would not be waiting another minute and was leaving. When I arrived, my 1st impression was of how loud the music was and how awfully cluttered the main desk was. I was not comfortable with this lack of professionalism and I would NEVER recommend this doctor, nor this office to ANYONE!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Marsha E Gorens Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marsha E Gorens, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Chicago, IL, in this video.
Dr. Marsha E Gorens is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chicago, IL.