Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marsha S Shernock-Sirdofsky
Dr. Marsha S Shernock-Sirdofsky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Burke, VA, with another office in Springfield, VA. Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Shernock-Sirdofsky is affiliated with Northern Virginia Mental Health Institute and Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Shernock-Sirdofsky has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Marsha S Shernock-Sirdofsky has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
If I could give a ZERO I would. Any parent please be warned of this doctor. My wife took my 4 year old boy for his annual shots. There is like 5 shots that the little boy took and he took them well. So this doctor comes breezing in for 2-5 minutes after. Was it to follow up on my trooper of a son? Was it to offer him consolation and kudos? Nope. It was - honest to God I can't make this up- for this doctor to ask my son if he was a Democrat or a Republican. No kidding. She asked my boy if he knew who president Obama was then proceeded to instruct my son that the president always has our interest at heart because he is a proponent of these shots and says that if my son didn't like it than he must be a republican. I kid you not. But that wasn't even the worst most unprofessional part - as my confused son is tearing up she proceeds to pull staff aside right outside the room and laugh with great pride at what she did. If I could report her to the AMA I would. It's appalling that she is allowed to work on children. Please accept this as a public service announcement.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Shernock-Sirdofsky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Marsha S Shernock-Sirdofsky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marsha S Shernock-Sirdofsky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burke, VA.