Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marshal A Blatt has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Marshal A Blatt has the following 14 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 42
A nightmare. Put me on a drug that made it hard to sleep. So he gave me another drug to sleep - ambien - which I promptly became dependent on. When I told him I wanted to get off it he was completely unsupportive. He put me on drugs with really bad side effects then got mad at me when I complained. At the end, he gave up on me, first suggesting intense inpatient therapy then asking what I, a layperson thought I should take, then writing that scrip. Horrible. He also uses the same metaphors and tells the same story every time you see him. And stares at his computer instead of talking to you. And if God forbid you have to cancel an appointment he puts you on a list and you then can only make same day appointments. And he is always running super late. So much so that his staff had me call an hour before the appointments to tell me when I should actually show up. He doesn't care one bit about his patients and has no business being a psychiatrist. Avoid at all costs.
Well, I've had over sixty sessions with Dr. Blatt. I think it's easy to get impatient with process of working on oneself. During sessions, I have found Dr. Blatt to be non-judgemental, communicative, attentive, easy, empathetic, and intelligent. Give him and really yourself the respect to bring your observations, feelings and concerns about him, the comments, and the process during a session and over several sessions really. I have done this and found he is generous, listens with concern and answers questions in a thorough and thoughtful way. He is kind, understanding and compassionate. He sort of mirrors the intention of what I put into the session and I'd say that's pretty smart. He helps me keep the focus on myself. It's helping most of the time. If you're here to read comments and bring your misery to virtual land to find more freedom, authenticity and belongingness, I'd say you're really not on a path to wellness and I think that's what we'd all like.
29 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsEric Jacobson MD, 576 Hartnell St Ste 300, Monterey, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marshal A Blatt in this video.
Dr. Marshal A Blatt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monterey, CA.