Dr. Marshal Blatt Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Marshal Blatt?

Put me through an awful time. He doesn't listen or care, worst psychologist ever

Posted on March 18th, 2017

A nightmare. Put me on a drug that made it hard to sleep. So he gave me another drug to sleep - ambien - which I promptly became dependent on. When I told him I wanted to get off it he was completely unsupportive. He put me on drugs with really bad side effects then got mad at me when I complained. At the end, he gave up on me, first suggesting intense inpatient therapy then asking what I, a layperson thought I should take, then writing that scrip. Horrible. He also uses the same metaphors and tells the same story every time you see him. And stares at his computer instead of talking to you. And if God forbid you have to cancel an appointment he puts you on a list and you then can only make same day appointments. And he is always running super late. So much so that his staff had me call an hour before the appointments to tell me when I should actually show up. He doesn't care one bit about his patients and has no business being a psychiatrist. Avoid at all costs.

As good as it gets!!!

Posted on February 14th, 2017

We have been seeing Dr. Blatt for more than 1 year. He is a compassionate and thoughtful as anyone we have ever delt with. He is an excellent communicator, and is very engaged in his patients well-being. We could not hope for a higher level of care!

Non-judgemental, Communicative, Attentive, Easy, Empathetic, and Intelligent

Posted on June 2nd, 2015

Well, I've had over sixty sessions with Dr. Blatt. I think it's easy to get impatient with process of working on oneself. During sessions, I have found Dr. Blatt to be non-judgemental, communicative, attentive, easy, empathetic, and intelligent. Give him and really yourself the respect to bring your observations, feelings and concerns about him, the comments, and the process during a session and over several sessions really. I have done this and found he is generous, listens with concern and answers questions in a thorough and thoughtful way. He is kind, understanding and compassionate. He sort of mirrors the intention of what I put into the session and I'd say that's pretty smart. He helps me keep the focus on myself. It's helping most of the time. If you're here to read comments and bring your misery to virtual land to find more freedom, authenticity and belongingness, I'd say you're really not on a path to wellness and I think that's what we'd all like.

Posted on May 19th, 2015

When your patient goes into panic attacks, that is not the time to tell them that you're a best seller and that they can buy your book.

Why is he still at Community Hospital

Posted on January 6th, 2015

It appears psychiatry is more of a hobby than a profession for Dr. Blatt. He is never on time! My experience with Blatt was horrible. He doesn't seem present. I wonder why he went into psychiatry? He's more like a highly paid pill dispenser. Seek a better doctor!

I like him

Posted on December 10th, 2014

yes, you will wait a bit. That's true. As for his services, he's as good as any I've seen (I've seen 3 pdocs). He doesn't rush you, clarifies your concerns, and makes sure you leave with your concerns addressed. Based on other reviews I was prepared to be underwhelmed, but he's a useful, professional dr. I was pretty impressed, and would recommend his services.

Good Doctor, worth the wait

Posted on January 24th, 2014

Dr. B isn't on time. It is easy to call his office to see when to come in so that you don't have to wait. I'd rather have it this way, than to be kick out of his office in the middle of something serious to keep a schedule. I find Dr. B to be intelligent, knowledgeable with a good bedside manner. He listens and provides options without telling you what to do. Best Dr. I've found so far in the profession.

Posted on October 18th, 2013

Appointment was at 3:00pm. Wasn't seen until 4:15.

Posted on June 4th, 2013

You go to a dr for help becuse your not feeling good...this guy made me feel worse after. The front desk staff is awful and rude. The blonde girl there clearly isn't there to be helpful ...as I could hear her and her cohert behind the desk talking about how I was just another "crazy" person as I kept asking how much longer until id be after waiting an hour after my scheduled appt. when I saw the dr he did most of the talking in the 18 min appt. so if you need to talk to someone he's probably not the right guy for you.

Ex patient

Posted on January 28th, 2013

Dr blast is not as good as he thinks he is.

Posted on October 3rd, 2017