Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marta H Da Silva
Dr. Marta H Da Silva, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO, with another office in Saint Louis, MO. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Da Silva is affiliated with Ssm Health St Marys Hospital Jefferson City and St Louis Childrens Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Marta H Da Silva has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Marta H Da Silva has the following 11 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Marta H Da Silva has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Marta H Da Silva is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
I read a few of the reviews and found some spot on and others completely missing the boat. Dr Da Silva is not always on time, but I have been in an appointment that we were at a critical point and appreciate that she didnt stop the clock and move on the the next patient, so patience is key. I like the way that she talks to my son, she is to the point and stern with him, he needs that. I see progress after less than a month and feel certain that she will work with us until we feel like the issues are correctly diagnosed and able to manage this. Have been thrilled with the progress to far.
Dr. DaSilva had appalling bedside manner. She is abrasive, rude, and challenging. My daughter was her client and I had to sit in on the interaction and take turns participating. (This is not a choice, she will not see parent or child individually) I am extremely laid back and would leave the appointment so incredibly irritated with her. She would rudely dismiss what I had to say on many occasions. She would also get irritated with us. She interrupts us, but is angry if you interrupt her. She often asks us what we want to do but does not always offer her opinion on the meds, dose, etc. She was by far the most frustrating, irritating health care worker I have encountered.
Dr. Da Silva is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Washington University School Of Medicine
Dr. Marta H Da Silva accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- HealthLink PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marta H Da Silva is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.