Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marta Wayt
Dr. Marta Wayt, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Kingsport, TN, with another office in Kingsport, TN. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Wayt is affiliated with Holston Valley Medical Center, Johnston Memorial Hospital and Johnson City Medical Ctr. She speaks English.
Dr. Marta Wayt has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marta Wayt has the following 2 expertise
- Women's Health
Dr. Marta Wayt has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Marta Wayt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I have been a patient of Dr. Wayt for many years. She is very busy because EVERYONE wants to be her patient. She is an excellent physician and is extremely caring and loving. She provides guidance and explains herself very well. I wish all physicians were like her! I also love her staff. They treat me like family!
this dr is beyond a joke... I would never recommend her to anyone... She needs to go back to medical school and learn a few things... she refused my mother medical treatment.. Had it not been for me making them take her to the hospital she would have layed in that dump and died... She is a JOKE!!!!
A legend in her own mind. She doesn't listen to her patients and pushes her will regardless. If you need her after hours, or have an urgency, your only bet is the E.R. It can take a week or more to get an appt, regardless of urgency. Medical care on bankers hours ;-( I left her practice and attended a clinic while looking for a replacement physician, to learn she totally missed the fact that I was diabetic. She'd be a good physician if she would only learn to listen to her patients a bit and consider that just maybe they know something.
Dr. Wayt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Holston Valley Medical Center
Johnston Memorial Hospital
Johnson City Medical Ctr
Johnson City Specialty Hospital
Sycamore Shoals Hospital
Johnson County Community Hospital
Smyth County Comm Hosp
Russell County Medical Center
Indian Path Medical Center
Sharon Regional Medical Center
13 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Marta Wayt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marta Wayt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kingsport, TN.