Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Martha Calden
Dr. Martha Calden, DO, DABMA is a Doctor primarily located in Hinsdale, IL, with other offices in Warrenville, IL and Chicago, IL . She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Calden is affiliated with Advocate Hope Childrens Hospital and Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Martha Calden has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
A physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in the rehabilitation and physiological treatment of patients with an illness or injury that affects movement.
These specialists have extensive knowledge of the nerves, muscles, bone, and brain. Physiatrists are also experts in pain medication.
Some common conditions that physiatrists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, neurological and spinal disorders and injuries, chronic pain disorders, like fibromyalgia, and musculoskeletal issues, like broken bones and torn muscles.
These physicians also often coordinate a team of other specialists in order to maximize the patient's recovery, such as occupational therapists, speech therapists, neurologists, orthopedists, and counselors.
Dr. Martha Calden has the following 9 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Martha Calden is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Calden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Advocate Hope Childrens Hospital
Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
26 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Martha Calden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hinsdale, IL.