Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Martha G Garrett-Shaver has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Martha Garrett-Shaver truly cares about her patients. She is sympathetic of their needs and concerns for their unborn child. Any question I asked was always answered in a way I could understand (she put it in layman's terms). My first child was a very hard delivery but she kept encouraging me and letting me know everything that was going on. This child was delivered with the help of the kiwi and forceps. She discussed all options with me and let me have a part in the decision. The aftercare was just as diligent.With my second child Shaver agreed to induced at 39 weeks because my first child was so large and I was boarderline diabetic. It took 3 days, but she was patient and once again answered any questions I had.She took care of both of my babies while they were in the hospital (both with Jaundice). The care they received was tremendous. She was so caring like they were family. I truly appreciate all she has done for me and cannot imagine using any other doctor. I guarantee you will receive the best care possible with Garrett-Shaver. She is my baby angel.
I used Dr. Garrett-Shaver when I had my child in 2008. She is amazing. Always spent lots of time allowing me to ask questions, voice concerns, etc. Always willing to go the extra mile. Loved her! Her office staff is equally as amazing. Debbie and Jackie always made sure my questions were promptly answered and problems taken care of in a timely manner. I highly recommend Dr. Garrett-Shaver to anyone pregnant....she's great!
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
18 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
University Of Arkanas Medical Center
Dr. Martha G Garrett-Shaver accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUams Magnolia Family Medical Center, 1617 N Washington, Magnolia, AR
Dr. Martha G Garrett-Shaver is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Magnolia, AR.