Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Martha Louis has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
My experience with Dr. Louis was unsatisfactory. I left her office feeling like just a number and not a human being. She is task oriented and barely engages in conversation with her patients. She has a poor bedside manner, flat affect and does not make you feel comfortable under her care. During visits she provides minimal education or information to reduce anxiety.
Seeing a doctor can be hit or miss, and choosing an obgyn can be especially nerve-wracking. If any of my friends or family was considering seeing Dr. Martha Louis, I would strongly advise against it. She was aloof, uncommunicative, and apathetic. I went to her for a number of reasons, including choosing a contraceptive and advice about the HPV vaccine. Trying to ask her questions or have a conversation about those subjects was like talking to a brick wall. Her answers were monosyllabic and perfunctory; her eyes never left her computer screen. I eventually gave up and decided to just research it on the internet. I also had an ongoing medical issue of an undetermined nature, which was quite painful, and I hoped to address it with her help. She gave me a cursory examination and tested for all the usual suspects, and turned up nothing. Rather than offer a referral to another doctor, or suggest any other way to proceed, she simply shut down the conversation. The whole experience was a useless exercise, and solved none of my problems. Her complete apathy to my situation was almost shocking. Please, for your own sake, choose another doctor.
I was going to this doctor for years and she didn't realize that I had cyst ...I went to a different doctor as soon as my first check up he knew something wasn't right send me to get a sonogram and found out I had cyst that I had to remove,...thank you dr.louis And I'm still waiting for my records from your staff ....good work people
Dr. Louis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Martha Louis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTjh Medical Service, 12901 Liberty Ave, South Richmond Hill, NY
Dr. Martha Louis is similar to the following 0 Doctors near South Richmond Hill, NY.