Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Martha S Paterson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Martha S Paterson has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Insulin Resistance
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Paterson is one of the few dr in the area that treat PCOS as a whole, and not just the insulin resistance/diabetes portion. She is good when you see her, but I dislike calling her office. She will take the time to talk with you at an appointment, and she listens. Calling her office is another story. I always get voicemail to leave a message. I have yet to have a call returned, except my 1st call to set up my 1st appointment. When I speak to someone at her office about it (at my next appointment) the office manager just says, "if you had left a message, I would have returned your call, so you must not have left one." I always leave a message with all the requested info and why I'm calling, but she never calls me back. This makes it impossible to get questions answered after an appointment or update the dr on changes. Often Dr. Paterson says things like, "call me if a medication isn't working out, and we will change the dose or change the medicine." When I call, I don't get a call back. It's always the next appointment, 3-6 months later, before I can get the medicine adjusted.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Paterson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1995
University Of Texas Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWomans Metabolic Health Clinic, 9000 Airline Hwy Ste 280, Baton Rouge, LA
Dr. Martha S Paterson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.