Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Martha M Rumschlag has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I gave this doctor a fair try almost a half dozen times I went in did bloodwork follow up visits, all trying to manage my issues, staff was rude, appt times were way over sometimes sitting in a room upto an hr to be seen after waiting in the lobby 25 mins past the appt! Time with me was very short and I was just shuffled thru with refills sent to the pharmacy that were also not correct, staff rude again about that too, I am done...
I saw this doctor approximately 9mths after my son was born because I'd been feeling pretty tired/down/stressed out etc. I thought I possibly had anemia. She was nice enough to call me personally and tell me my blood work was "beautiful". However, about 5 mths later I passed out at work and went to ER where they found I was severely anemic. I showed my new PCP the old blood work that this doctor assessed, and he confirmed I was well on my way to anemia at that time. I also left this doctor because the medical assistant who would check weight and BP always found it necessary to make some rude comment like "just 7 more pounds and you could donate blood" (well no, I couldn't have because they probably would've caught that my Hmg was too low to donate). I was getting so aggravated with this woman that it only added to my anxiety and of course gave me unusually high BP measurements which then became the doctor's primary focus. Despite me taking perfectly normal measures at home, it was actually suggested to me that I be on BP meds (at age 29, 103lbs, and running 5+ miles a day). After this, is when I knew enough was enough at this doctor's office. My new PCP also confirmed that I was just showing white coat hypertension and had I been put on BP meds, my heart rate would have slowed dangerously low and I probably couldn't have run anymore. So, my whole experience at this doctor's office was very poor. Visits definitely didn't result in any improvements to my health. If anything, they actually made me worse.
25 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Franklin Square Hospital Center
Dr. Martha M Rumschlag accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDeighton Family Medicine, 22250 Providence Dr Ste 500, Southfield, MI
Dr. Martha M Rumschlag is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southfield, MI.