Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Martin R Artman MD
Dr. Martin R Artman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Simons Island, GA, with other offices in Saint Simons Island, GA and Saint Simons Island, GA . He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Martin R Artman has 3 locations
115 Main St Ste 100
Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
5000 Wellness Way
Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Book Online Now
Dr. Martin R Artman has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Martin R Artman has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Martin R Artman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Martin R Artman - Posted on February 8th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Martin R Artman - Posted on January 23rd, 2012
Sound doctor, excellent bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. Martin R Artman - Posted on May 15th, 2009
40 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Martin R Artman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Martin R Artman
Vice-Chief, Department of Emergency Medicine, Southeast Georgia Health System Camden Campus
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Martin R Artman, MD - Emergency Medicine in Saint Simons Island, GA, in this video.
Dr. Martin R Artman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Simons Island, GA.