Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Martin Bennett
Dr. Martin Bennett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sherman Oaks, CA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Bennett is affiliated with Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center and Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Roscoe Boulevard Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Martin Bennett has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Martin Bennett has the following 6 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Smoking Cessation
- Sports Medicine
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. Martin Bennett has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
I came in to discuss a personal matter with the doctor. When I arrived, the receptionist was on the phone with what sounded like a personal call. I waited about 5-10 minutes for her to finish before she finally handed me paperwork to fill out. Then she spoke about my personal reason for being there very loudly with the nurse in front of the whole waiting room. When I finally saw the doctor, he kept the door wide open and rushed me without really listening to my questions or concerns. STAY AWAY if you value privacy!!
I am a nurse so I work with a lot of doctors and most do not impress me. I was with Dr B for many years as a patient. Only left bcs I moved out of area. He was always caring and professional, I know he looks a little unkempt, but I always thought of him as the "Columbo" of doctors. He saved my life several time when I presented to his office with a life threatening asthma attack. Even came in on his day off to see me. I've never had a more caring doctor before or since. I miss you Dr B!
Everyone complaining about the waiting room may have a legitimate gripe but remember the old saying never judge a book by it's cover? Look everyone has opinions I will just say this out of all the wacky doctors I have had run ins with here in Hollyweird I feel Dr. Bennett is a very unassuming man. A real professional he is the type of doctor that has become a rarity.I would recommend seeing him twice before rushing to conclusions.
I almost left as soon as I walked in! Very messy for a doctors office. I felt very rushed and didn't get a chance to ask all of the questions that I wanted to. It did not have the feeling of comfort.
Dr. Bennett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center
Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Roscoe Boulevard Campus
Little Company of Mary-San Pedro Hospital
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
38 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1975
Scripps Mercy Hospital
Dr. Martin Bennett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Urgent Care, 15450 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CA
Dr. Martin Bennett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sherman Oaks, CA.