The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Martin D Claiborne III has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Martin D Claiborne III has the following 30 expertise
- Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) Infection
- Light Therapy (Phototherapy)
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Skin Abnormalities
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis
- Skin Cancer
- Eczema (Eczematous Skin Diseases)
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Excessive Body Hair in Women (Hirsutism)
- Skin Rash (Acrodermatitis)
- Fungal Hair Disease (Piedra)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Skin Biopsy
- Chemical Peel (Chemexfoliation)
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acneiform Eruptions)
- Ringworm (Tinea)
- Epidermal Cyst
- Actinic Keratosis
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
Dr. Martin D Claiborne III is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Claiborne treated me for a small cyst on my face, and he also found 2 moles on my back that needed to be removed. I was surprised at how painless the experience was. In the past I had a dermatologist cut a mole very deeply and it required stitches and later even became infected. This time, I did not require any stitches, medication, and it does not appear I will have any scaring and the small wounds are healing fast. He was very friendly and I would recommend him to anyone.
wait time depends on what time you make your appt. I always try to be the first patient of the day. My son had an afternoon appt. and left after waiting an hour ( I would've too). He's a perky and conversational and trigger happy on the cryogenics...I'm sticking w/him.
Dr. Claiborne is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Tulane University School Of Medicine
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Martin D Claiborne III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Martin D Claiborne III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.