Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Martin K Erickson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Martin K Erickson has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Martin K Erickson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
First time I met Dr. Erickson was for my physical. I am 32 years old. Something about him didn't quite rub me the right way from the moment he entered the room. He didn't introduce himself, he hardly ever looked at me when he was talking to me and most of all I felt extremely judged when I mentioned not wanting a flu shot. I am not the kids of person who gets offended easily and I don't need my doctor to tip toe around my feelings but Dr. Erickson seemed plain rude. I don't know anything about his medical skills yet but his bedside manner was very poor. I hope to never see him again at that practice.
I have had 3 different primary physicians since having the option to choose on my own. Of the 3, I have found Dr. Erickson to be the most thorough. He takes time to ask questions and actually run tests prior to prescribing medication, if medication is prescribed at all. I appreciate the fact that he is not pushing pills on me and then having me come back in a week. There is definitely more research and time spent trying to diagnose an illness/ disorder than I am formerly used to.
I was very disappointed with Dr. Erickson. First impression was negative and impersonal as he came in the room and washed his hands with his back to me before he said hello or introduced himself. He never even shook my hand. But what upset me most about this doctor was that he would not give me the time of day. I returned to his office two days later with urgent questions but he would not see me. I could understand that I didn't have an appointment, but he was having the nurse be the go-between and spent about 15 minutes relaying questions and answers back and forth between the nurse and I rather than seeing me himself between patients. Never seen such unprofessional behavior from a physician. Office was also unclean and while the staff was basically friendly, they were not very professional. Not recommended.
Dr. Erickson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2000
St John Macomb Oakland Hospital
Dr. Martin K Erickson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLivonia Family Physicians Pc, 17800 Newburgh Rd Ste 103, Livonia, MI
Dr. Martin K Erickson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Livonia, MI.