Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Martin B Estok Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Estok is the most compassionate and personable doctor I've encountered in a long time! Seeing him reminded me of how medicine used to be practiced... he actually read my chart before seeing me so he wasn't wasting my time asking me questions I've answered 30,000 times; when he did ask me questions, he actually listened to the answers; he didn't rush our visit so he had time to thoroughly address my concerns; he didn't chastise me for not being perfect but rather me offered realistic and valuable counsel. That piece seems to be missing these days... counsel. The practice of medicine is not just writing prescriptions and monitoring bloodwork! You see a doctor for 10 seconds, he/she knows nothing about you nor is he/she interested in getting to know you, you leave with 5 new prescriptions and appointments for follow-ups with a PA. I will never forget Dr. Estok's kindness and attentiveness.
Unable to diagnose patient's underlying problem, just treated symptoms. Terrible bedside manner. Upset my family and made excuses for not being able to give a diagnoses and accused them of wanting to waste dr and hospital time because they were frustrated they had not received a satisfactory explanation for the patient's condition. Patient would rather be home than in a hospital bed wasting time, but deserved to know what caused his condition so he could take steps to prevent it from happening again. Would not recommend this doctor to anyone.
38 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Martin B Estok Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDuke Raleigh Hospital, 3400 Wake Forest Rd, Raleigh, NC
Dr. Martin B Estok Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.