Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Martin F Carr Jr
Dr. Martin F Carr Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fullerton, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Carr is affiliated with Anaheim Global Medical Center and St Jude Medical Center. Dr. Carr has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Martin F Carr Jr has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 21
My Terrible symptoms started 26 months ago reflux out of the blue, put on antibiotic from Dr Parsa helped me tremendously! Felt great for 4wks then symptoms returned progressed to losing weight started at 140 pds now 127 have been diagnosed with fat malabsortion have chronic stomach bloating/distention constant reflux endoscopies revealed chronic pangastritis(entire stomach) candida in esophagus. My third endoscopy recently by Dr Yoon shows I still have chronic gastritis. Dr Carr recently talked to me about my suffering every day and night, my quality of life is gone I continue to lose weight and decline I'm 52 yrs old was active healthy I'm a mother of 3 boys and a caregiver for people with dementia I have been to several GI Dr's over the past 2 yrs Very disappointed and saddened at the lack of concern or compassion. I have done a lot of research on my symptoms and signs of my stomach(gastritis) and always comes back no.1 reason for chronic pangastritis is H pylori , fat malabsorption can be and typically caused by bacterial overgrowth SIBO I'm absolutely miserable! And scared of losing more weight, I need to take care of others and wrk. I hoped Dr Carr would look at all my tests and signs and symptoms and at least try me on low dose antibiotic to see how I respond But instead seems he's very bothered that I have research my symptoms trying to find answers and be well again. He doesn't agree with the research studies from Mayo clinic or NIH and many others. He told me it's normal to have chronic gastritis,normal to have candida of the esophagus and dismisses my progressive weight loss and horrible bloating and distention after everything I eat. I look like I'm 5 months pregnant. Dr Carr just seemed to make up something that had No basis, he was only interested on putting me on drugs instead of finding the root cause of the problem. Gastritis left untreated can lead to ulcers and stomach cancer. I told him I will pay out of my pocket for specialized DNA H pylori testing The most accurate way to know for sure. He just made me bad, laughs and says You don't t have H pylori! Well We'll see shat lab says. H pylori is very fragile bacteria outside of body most tests can give false negatives because of lab error, human error and the bacteria dies when exposed to air. I will go to a naturalpath Dr. At least they look listen and don't just throw you a dangerous drug. None of these symptoms or normal they are typically caused by bacterial overgrowth. Sadly Dr's are very bothered if you have knowledge of medical research. Dr's need to work with the patient not against them. They are Not above us who don't have M.D after our name.
Dr. Carr is the consummate professional. Under his care, my high cholesterol condition has not only remained in check, it has vastly improved. Through his oversight, the symptoms associated with my GERD have virtually disappeared. During your appointment, Dr. Carr takes the time to really delve into your medical condition and overall health. He provides the best care because he really cares about the details.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Carr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1981
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Martin F Carr Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Jude Heritage Medical Group, 1847 Sunny Crest Dr, Fullerton, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Martin F Carr Jr in this video.
Dr. Martin F Carr Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fullerton, CA.