Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Martin J Frey
Dr. Martin J Frey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sarasota, FL. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Frey is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Baptist Health South Florida. Dr. Frey has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Martin J Frey has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Martin J Frey has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 14
Terrible. DO NOT GO HERE ! Although I agree I could loose some weight, it is not the cause of my conditions. I have coronary heart disease long before my being over weight. Was 95% blockage. Now 50% My arthritis is hereditary and extreme physical work 33+ years. My skin cancer is not due to my diet. He made judgements before considering my history. He is not a cardiologist. He is a dietitian. My spinal pain is not due to overweight. I had an accident long ago and only now had the surgery. He's not a good Dr.
Dr Frey has treated me for years. He has gotten me thru some tough times. He can be abrupt with his honesty, but it is usually for the patient's own good. He explained my multiple cardiac problems so that I understand and can manage them. If anyone says he has a bad bedside manner, it is probably because they don't want to do what is best for them like quit smoking or lose weight.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Frey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1983
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Martin J Frey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSarasota Heart Center, 1921 Waldemere St Ste 101, Sarasota, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Martin J Frey in this video.
Dr. Martin J Frey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sarasota, FL.