Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Martin G Allen has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Allen has been a great support for me for many years. He really works with me to get an accurate picture of my status so that he can diagnose and prescribe properly for me. He's readily available by phone and is flexible with his schedule to accommodate my work schedule. I'm now more self assured and peaceful, thanks to Dr. Allen.
I'm a young professional who has visited Dr. Martin G. Allen as I worked through several tough issues in my life over the past few years. I was hesitant about going to a psychiatrist, but Dr. Allen immediately put me at ease - he was supportive, not judgmental, and offered a good balance of analysis/advice and just listening. He cares about his patients and certainly helped me understand myself, my relationships, and the issues I was facing with greater clarity. Thank you, Dr. Allen - I appreciate how you've helped me over the years.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
- New York University School Of Medicine
New York Presbyterian Hospital Cornell Campus
Dr. Martin G Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRonald Michael Costell Md, 2501 Calvert St NW Ste 101, Washington, DC
Dr. Martin G Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.