Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Martin Geertsma
Dr. Martin Geertsma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Waterbury, CT. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Geertsma is affiliated with St Mary's Hospital, St Francis Hospital & Medical Center and Waterbury Hospital Health Center. Dr. Geertsma has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Martin Geertsma has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Martin Geertsma is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
We are in peace by having our daughter (28 months)in Dr. Geertsma's care. The Courtesy and the professionalism of Dr. Geertsma and his staff has made our visits very comfortable. Dr. Geertsma has shown a big deal of patience educting us on certain matters while respecting our decisions regarding our daughter's health. I can't imagine raising my daughter without Dr. Geertsma's step by step guidance.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Geertsma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mary's Hospital
St Francis Hospital & Medical Center
Waterbury Hospital Health Center
Saint Francis Hospital And Medical Center, Hartford CT
Hartford Hospital, Hartford CT
Connecticut Children's Medical Center
Waterbury Hospital, Waterbury CT
39 Years Experience
University of Rochester
Graduated in 1974
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Martin Geertsma accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Mary's Hospital, 56 Franklin St, Waterbury, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Martin Geertsma in this video.
Dr. Martin Geertsma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waterbury, CT.