Dr. Martin A Goldstein Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Martin A Goldstein?

Do not go to this doctor. Totally inept. Does not have a grasp of basic drug prescribing protocol for dementia patients. Borderline negligence in care and apathetic. Also displays extremely weird affect .

Care under this physician will result in the steady decline of your loved one.

Does not return phone calls no follow thru

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR VALUABLE TIME BY USING THIS DOCTOR

My father has a horrible progressive disease and was going thru a particulary bad time about a year ago. He had to be admitted to mt sinai and his doctors- whome we adore- recommended we see Dr. Goldstein to see if he could think of some out of the box treatments to help slow down the progression of the disease. We love my dads doctors so i do not blame them for recommending this man. They- as others do- believe he is some neurological genius that can find different med combinations that others may not think of. THIS MAN DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HELP MY FATHER- EXCEPT KEEP HIM AT MT SINAI FOR SEVERAL WEEKS SO HE COULD CONTINUE TO CHARGE MEDICARE- IN MY OPINION. My dad was admitted to his hospital and we spent the next 3 weeks trying to get answers from this man who didnt have the decency to come update us on treatment plans for my father. We would sit in my dads hospital room with the promise via email that he would be by to fill us in and then he would- in my opinion- purposely wait til we were gone to go check on my dad - LATE AT NIGHT WHEN OF COURSE HE WOULD BE SLEEPING!!- and mark his chart so he could just be able to submit something to insurance. My brother is a doctor so he is around doctors all day- he was APPALLED by this mans treatment of my family. Dr goldstein made an already incredibly hard time so much worse for my entire family. Pls dont be fooled by his kindness- he will promise you the things he will not follow up on- and then he will turn around when you show a bit of frustration and threaten to drop you as a patient!!!! In my opinion he is emotionally abusive to his patients- and it is because of him and his lack of communication and complete disregard for patients families, that my father sat in that hospital longer than he should have. His condition was not improved at all and he never improved since then. He also recommended we put my father into temporary rehab- even recommended a place that would be ideal for him and his condition. Once there, the place admitted to us that they are not the right facility for someone with LBD. you would think a so called TOP NYC NEUROLOGIST would know this. he did, he just didnt care. Pls do not use this doctor. And if anyone would like to reach out to me to discuss him further, pls do!!!! I DO NOT WANT ANY OTHER FAMILIES TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH HIS NONSENSE WHEN YOU ARE ALREADY GOING THRU SO MUCH!!!!

Saw him a number of years ago. I got hospitalized and he was unable to reach afterwards and I ended up getting super sick because I ran out of medication with no refills. He also kept insisting on medication I had tried in the past and I told him made me completely psychotic . He was too arrogant to even listen to me and kept insisting on it. If he took a thorough history and looked at my records he would see what that medication did to me in the past but because he's dually certified in both psychiatry and neurology he feels that gives him some sort of special understanding where he doesn't have to be thorough . Total arrogant grandiosity. Diagnostically he just didn't know what was going on. I ended up having bipolar disorder and he kept insisting on adderal because of my attentionsl problems not knowing that the impairment was coming from not being treated for the bipolar. Once I was treated for bipolar the attentional problems just organically improved . No need for adderal. . No need to end up in a psychotic state. I've had bad luck with all these dualy certified psychiatrists because they think their training enables them to be able to cut corners and not be thorough. He gives off an air of humanism but that doesn't mean anything if the end result can put you in a life threatening situation.

Caring and Excellent Physician

Dr. Goldstein always makes himself readily available for a patient in need of medical assistance. In this age of uncaring and (often) unsophisticated medical practitioners, Dr. Goldstein is a shining exception. His medical training and diagnostic skills are excellent. He spends the time with you to be sure every effort has been provided to ensure your return to good health.

Abandoned patient - jerked around

Didn't order all appropriate tests, in doing so, escapes realization of results to patient that would lead to necessity of treatment. If you don't order, can't be responsible, because then you would have to treat, or admit don't know how to. By not ordering same, I was left with damage undiscovered until helped by a competent ... reiterate.. competent knowledgeable doctor. I thought doctors were supposed to try to figure things out, not to try to do the minimal, out of inexperience, lack of knowledge, or caring.

The Best!

Dr. Goldstein is brilliant, wonderful bedside manner!

Dr. Martin A Goldstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.