Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Martin A Hands has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Martin A Hands has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
Dr. Martin A Hands is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. Martin A Hands - Posted on July 1st, 2011
I really enjoyed Dr. Hands and his office staff and felt I was in "good hands" with Dr. Hands! He was very thorough, kind and thoughtful and was willing to spend all in the world to answer my questions and make sure that I understood. I am able to call him on weekends and holidays and be able to get him. I love that he is in solo practice that I don't have to get some other doctor just because it's after hours or it's the weekend. I highly recommend Dr. Hands for all women.
I Highly Recommend Dr Hands
Self-verified patient of Dr. Martin A Hands - Posted on January 18th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Martin A Hands - Posted on January 16th, 2011
I had a great experience and strongly recommended Dr. Hands. The office staff and nurses are so nice and friendly. When you walk in the room you feel welcome and very comfortable. Dr. Hands was wonderful when he delivered my baby. He is very knowledgeable. Any questions or concerns I had he answered. I could call anytime and knew I would reach him. If I had a problem or pain he knew exactly what it was and how to treat it. I felt like I was in the best possible care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
33 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Martin A Hands accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsMARTIN HANDS MD, 2418 SW 8th Ave, Amarillo, TX
Dr. Martin A Hands is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Amarillo, TX.