Dr. Martin J White Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Martin J White?

Dr White's staff may be adequate but his diagnoses, particularly if you are a women over 50 are done with inadequate research or testing. Wish I hadn't wasted my time with this guy.

If you want a smug, old school approach Dr. White is your guy. I saw Dr. White a few years ago for pain on the medial side of both knees. He took X-rays and told me that I would need knee replacements in 5-10 years and suggested a cortisone shot if my knees became too painful. No mention of physical therapy as a way to reduce pain or further damage. Saw him recently for pain that had moved on to include the lateral side of my right knee. He gave me a cortisone shot and said that he wasn't even going to bother recommending an MRI because he knew what was going on. Got a second opinion from another orthopedist who recommended an MRI. The MRI revealed 2 tears , (medial and lateral) that I could've had addressed years ago and saved pain and acceleration of damage to my knee. My impression of Dr. White is that he doesn't show due diligence. He wasted valuable time in not correctly identifying the meniscus tears as the primary and fixable cause of pain. It may be that I will eventually need knee replacements sometime in the future but you can be sure that Dr. White won't be the surgeon. Surgery and cortisone shots seem to be his "go-to" remedies and he doesn't seem to be on top of new approached in his field. I would not recommend him, particularly if you are a dancer or an athlete.

dr. white is an excellant physician

Dr. Martin J White is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Essex, CT.