Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Martin K Johnson III
Dr. Martin K Johnson III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greensboro, NC. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital. Dr. Johnson has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Martin K Johnson III has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
My experience was pleasant in that I was in and out of the office in a timely manner. Dr Johnson gave me all the necessary information about my upcoming colonoscopy and answered all my questions.
Everyone involved with my colonoscopy was extraordinarily professional, and extremely kind and caring. Dr. Johnson went out of his way to find a solution for me regarding the preparation for the procedure. When I tried three times to imbibe the prep solution but couldn't keep it down, Dr. Johnson suggested a different(ahem)approach and arranged to have my colon cleansed by colonic hydrotherapy. That procedure was interesting, but I tolerated it well, and evidently it did the job! Dr. Johnson's nurse Catrina always answered my questions and phone calls with a knowledgeable and sweet demeanor. They both have my highest recommendation. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my GI system! The staff at Wesley Long were fabulous. They made me feel safe and secure in their professionalism, and confident of their abilities. Their bedside manner made me relaxed and comfortable at all times. Everyone involved, but especially Dr. Johnson, turned what is usually a dreaded procedure into a pleasant one.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Martin K Johnson III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEagle Internal Medicine Tannenbaum, 301 E Wendover Ave Ste 200, Greensboro, NC
Dr. Martin K Johnson III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greensboro, NC.