Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Martin Koutcher
Dr. Martin Koutcher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Koutcher is affiliated with Methodist Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. Martin Koutcher has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatic Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Out of all the doctors I have seen, Dr. Koutcher was able to diagnose my problem by knowing what questions to ask of me and performing a thorough exam. Dr. Koutcher CARES! He will not allow a patient to leave the exam room until he has answered all questions. He works with his patients to help find the right treatment for each one, and he educates his patients to understand their condition and treatment. His office staff - professional, caring, willing and able to help each patient - no matter what the issue. In short, Dr. Koutcher combines state of the art knowledge with old-fashioned caring and has assembled the best staff in the business. There is no one better!
This wonderful physician is worth a wait in his office. His front desk personnel go out of their way to make sure the wait is comfortable. Check-in/check-out easy, no hassles. Then you see Dr. Koutcher, a very gentle, caring, and organized professional. He takes a thorough history, performs a good exam, explains findings, and discusses treatment options. He does not leave the exam room until he has answered all of your questions. I moved out of the area and commute 1 hour each way to get to his office. Dr. Koutcher is simply the BEST!
Dr. Koutcher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
St. Agnes Medical Center
Presbyterian Medical Center Of The University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Inc-Methodist Hospital Div
46 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1967
Dr. Martin Koutcher accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1328 W Ritner St, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Martin Koutcher in this video.
Dr. Martin Koutcher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.