Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Martin J Pontecorvo
Dr. Martin J Pontecorvo, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Stirling, NJ, with another office in Florham Park, NJ. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Pontecorvo is affiliated with Overlook Medical Center. Dr. Pontecorvo has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Martin J Pontecorvo has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Martin J Pontecorvo has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Martin J Pontecorvo has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Martin J Pontecorvo is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
I have been in and out of the hospital for the past several years. Dr. Pontecorvo is by far the best physician I know in comparison. I also work in medicine, so this speak volumes. I travel over an hour an hour from PA to see him; I live in Dr. Land and I will not change docs unless forced to do so.
The Dr's are caring and will spend as much time with you as you need. I can not praise them enough. Now to the office staff. Horrible!! Very rude and you feel like you are a bothering them. Office manager has very poor communication skills. The new PA is very unprofessional. It is a real shame because the Dr's are wonderful.
Office staff is horrible - would not recommend this dr - all they want is money no care about patients
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Pontecorvo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Overlook Medical Center
Dr. Martin J Pontecorvo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Martin J Pontecorvo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stirling, NJ.