Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Martin M Rene
Dr. Martin M Rene, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Libertyville, IL, with another office in Evanston, IL. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Rene is affiliated with Advocate Condell Medical Center, Holy Family Medical Center and Ministry Door County Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Martin M Rene has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Martin M Rene has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Martin M Rene is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Rene made being in the ER with what I thought was a heart attack or related problem (luckily a false alarm - just election-stress related chest pressure/tightness/pain and difficulty breathing) a lot less awful. While he was the LAST staff I saw in the ER, he made the biggest impact. He validated my concerns and reassured me that, with the symptoms I was experiencing, I was in the right place. He also reassured me that, with the rest results and my family history, my heart was healthy. Beyond that, though, he didn't look at me or treat me like I was crazy (which is how I felt) because 4 days after the election my chest/heart were still hurting. He acknowledged the hurt and reminded me that "we're all in this together". There is no medicine better than being treated like an actual human being.......... assuming you don't actually have a heart attack, that is. His humor, compassion and general kindness really made spending a Saturday night in the ER a lot less awful.
Dr. Rene is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Chicago Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Martin M Rene is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Libertyville, IL.