Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Martin J Repetto has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Martin J Repetto has the following 14 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- HIV Infections
Dr. Martin J Repetto is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Repetto has to have to worst personality of any doctor ever. He is beyond rude and arrogant. There isn't a compassionate bone in the guys entire body. He may be knowledgeable but he is a jerk if every sense of the word. He has such a inflated ego that he looks down on all the patients he sees. I was a patient at the Pavillion and he asked me if I had taken the drug Seroquel. I politely answered Yes, and that my psychiatrist had pulled me off of it. His reply was "I can tell you are going to be a difficult patient and I can't help people who don't want to help themselves." I'm thinking how in the world did he come up with that when I was just responding to his question. He snapped at me when ever I politely asked him anything. I was scared too death to ask him anything about my treatment plans. I was so upset with my care by him that I asked to see a different psychiatrist during my hospital stay and they denied it. I found out through the patient advocate who I went to with my concern about Dr. Repetto. I found out that according to him Dr. Repetto works for the company that manufactures the drug Seroquel and actually goes around and speaks about it. He supposedly works for the company to promote it. Even some of the workers at the pavillion said Dr. Repetto had actually prescribed the drug for them and they were on it. I am not making this up. I was told this. This seems unethical that this Dr. is pushing a drug that he supposedly is getting paid to promote. Anyway, during my stay I did agree to take a small dosage of Seroquel just so I could convince Dr. Repetto that I would cooperate so I could be released. If you made him angry he was liable to keep you longer. You do things his way or else. You don't get to work as a team with him on your treatment. You are scum to him and he is the almighty no it all. He may have tons of education and knowledge. But, he is a extremely heartless individual.
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Martin J Repetto accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Pavilion, 809 W Church St, Champaign, IL
Dr. Martin J Repetto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Champaign, IL.