Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Martin P Solomon has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Martin P Solomon has the following 7 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
Dr. Martin P Solomon has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Martin P Solomon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Solomon has been my generalist for over 15 years. He is a no non sense doctor, well experienced and qualified to handle all the health problems that I have experienced over those years. He has referred me to other very competent doctors to handle special issues; always quickly and with his active participation and follow up. He is a very caring person and easy to talk to. I have always felt to be in "good hands" with him.
Dr. Solomon will not sugar coat. He is wise, kind, and is amazing at diagnosing difficult cases. He is very direct and attentive. He is available by email and very responsive. He is not in this for the money, as I hear he has had several opportunities to go concierge. The best in town as far as I am concerned.
as far as doctors go, dr. solomon is the BEST. he is extremely intelligent, accurate in diagnosis, thorough to a fault, caring and polite. dr. solomon is direct and sensible when it comes to making referrals etc. for further treatment etc. he is a no nonsense wonderful doctor and i have been a patient the latter part of 20 years and watched his office evolve for the better as doctors came and went. he surrounds himself with the best associates and his practice is efficient and solid. if you are fortunate enough to be a patient of dr. solomon then you understand how very important it is to have a solid physician and if you are with one of his associated within the practice, consider yourself lucky too! none better!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Solomon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Martin P Solomon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrigham & Women Primary Care, 1180 Beacon St Ste 1B, Brookline, MA
Dr. Martin P Solomon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brookline, MA.