Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Martin S Topiel
Dr. Martin S Topiel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mount Laurel, NJ. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Topiel is affiliated with Lourdes Medical Center. Dr. Topiel has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Martin S Topiel has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Martin S Topiel has the following 24 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- HIV Infections
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Hepatitis C
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Legionnaires Disease
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Yellow Fever
- Lyme Disease
Dr. Martin S Topiel has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Martin S Topiel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
took his time with my Father and gave a thorough physical examination. Explained that he (the Doctor) is going to see the results in the peatry dishes of the biopsy and then get with Dr. sztyman, my Father's lung Dr., and come up with the treatment best suited for my Father to control and possibly cure the virus and bacteria in his lungs. I feel this is an excellent decision on both Dr.s parts because they are working hand in hand and together to successfully cure (or controll) my Father's health issue that we are so concerned about. He also spoke in terms I (my Father's daughter) could understand and answered any questions we had and asked if we understood all he told us. Thank You all you good Dr.'s out there. Remember that kindness, humor, and warmth is a big part of healing the sick people who come see you and are afraid and need you. God bless the hands that need help, and God bless the hands that help them.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Topiel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1979
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Martin S Topiel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsInfectious Disease Physicians, 1001 Briggs Rd Ste 250, Mount Laurel, NJ
Dr. Martin S Topiel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Laurel, NJ.