More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Martine R Sacks has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Martine R Sacks has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Martine R Sacks is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
This doctor struggles if a child is complex or difficult. She dislikes parents and is very discriminatory. She blames parents for their children's issues. She doesn't have good interpersonal skills and and wants to be the expert at all times. She becomes hostile if she is not "in control" or "in charge". She is underhanded and is nice to your face but lies to other providers. She is unable to understand people from diverse backgrounds and comes from a very privileged background and can hardly relate to parents with children with special needs.
Because Dr. Sacks came so highly recommended, her schedule was very full and it did take a while to get our first appointment. But she is extremely thorough and it was well worth the wait. My son had been misdiagnosed with ADHD but through all her testing she discovered that he had Auditory Processing Disorder (problem with the signal between the ears and the brain) and a tracking disorder (problem with eye movement). As a result, we were able to stop chasing the wrong problem and get therapy for the real problems. He used to struggle with so many things, but hes doing WORLDS better now. His grades and his spirits are way up. Dr. Sacks is sweet and kind and spent loads of time with him. I cant say enough good things about our experience with her.
30 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1988
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Martine R Sacks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Neurodevelopmental Center, 830 NE 47th Ave, Portland, OR
Dr. Martine R Sacks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.