Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marvin Ament
Dr. Marvin Ament, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ventura, CA, with other offices in Manhattan Beach, CA and Los Angeles, CA (and 2 other locations). He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Gastroenterology. Dr. Ament is affiliated with University of California - Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Ventura County Medical Center and Adventist Health/San Joaquin Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Marvin Ament has the following 1 specialty
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
Dr. Marvin Ament has the following 32 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Cytomegalovirus Infections
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Esophageal Diseases
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Immunologic Deficiency Syndromes
- Infantile Diarrhea
- Intestinal Diseases
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Failure
- Liver Failure (Acute)
- Liver Transplantation
- Lymphoproliferative Disorders
- Malabsorption Syndromes
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Nutritional Support
- Parenteral Nutrition
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Tube Feeding (Enteral Nutrition)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Virus Diseases
- Vision Disorders
Dr. Marvin Ament has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Marvin Ament is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Ament is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of California - Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Ventura County Medical Center
Adventist Health/San Joaquin Community Hospital
UCLA Medical Center
Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Children's Hospital Central California
Good Samaritan Hospital-LA
California Surgery Center
50 Years Experience
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Graduated in 1963
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Marvin Ament is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ventura, CA.