Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marvin L Faulkner
Dr. Marvin L Faulkner, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Lenexa, KS. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Faulkner is affiliated with St Lukes Northland Hospital Smithville and Menorah Medical Center. Dr. Faulkner has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Marvin L Faulkner has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Acute Pain
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
Showing 5 of 36
This was my first apt. with Dr Faulkner and this appointment was so disappointing. Started off a another Dr. was to join him on this day and I was to see that doctor . He did not show and so I saw Dr Faulkner. I was to arrive by 8 and my appointment was at 9:15. They took me to a room at 10:00 and after waiting for over 3 1/2 hours the doctor comes in. He was not shaved and had no indication that he was even a doctor. Had plain clothes by that I mean blue jeans and sweat shirt. Would not look in in the eye and did not even acknowledge my husband who had came with me. I told him the situation and I saw no compassion from him what so ever. His main concern was to in stall a pain pump. He was not concerned about any thing I had said. What I saw in him was a scared Doctor that was afraid to do what was right and condemn other doctors that did have compassion for people in pain. If you plan on going to see him plan on getting lectured about pain pumps. This is where the money is and they have control over you. Also there was a reluctance to even consider the medication management that I had been on for many years. Chronic Pain is not something to take lightly. Even the littlest things can be huge when your in so much pain that NO one cares any more about that. So be careful who you choose to be your DOCTOR!!!!!!!!
Dr. Faulkner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1985
St Joseph Health Center
Dr. Marvin L Faulkner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKansas Institute Of Medicine, 11227 Lakeview Ave, Lenexa, KS
Dr. Marvin L Faulkner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lenexa, KS.