Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marvin F Fojtasek
Dr. Marvin F Fojtasek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lewisville, TX, with other offices in Dallas, TX and Addison, TX . He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fojtasek is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen. He speaks English.
Dr. Marvin F Fojtasek has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Marvin F Fojtasek has the following 9 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
Dr. Marvin F Fojtasek has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Staff is great. The NPs are extremely helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable. However Dr Fojtasek is unimpressive. Asks questions in an accusing manner; didn't seem to believe anything I told him. I read consult notes from hospital written by him that were inaccurate. I won't go to his clinic on days I know he is supposed to be there because I'd rather talk to the NPs. He doesnt appear to be very proactive in his treatment of my particular issue.
I saw Dr Fojtasek in the hospital and followed up with his Nurse Practitioner Karla in the office and both were so easy to talk to and explained everything to me. I was impressed by the ease of getting to the office and the office staff was so nice. I was in and out in 30 minutes! Thanks so much!!
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my practice. At Americare we strive to promote patient well being and try to give the patient's a sense of ease and comfort.
Dr. Fojtasek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1981
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Marvin F Fojtasek accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marvin F Fojtasek in this video.
Dr. Marvin F Fojtasek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewisville, TX.