Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marvin Goldstein has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Disease
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
When I moved to New York I asked some friends to suggest an MD that took my insurance. I was horrified by the first two I visited. They hardly looked up at me and (it seemed) were running insurance mills. Then three years ago I got really sick and was scared. My room-mate was a nurse at Mt. Sinai. She suggested Dr. Goldstein. What a joy! He spent time carefully examined me and was the first NYC doc that clearly was more interested in my health than his own fiscal health. Over the last years I have seen him for routine exams and flu shots to one serious bout that had me hospitalized. In every case I could not have asked for better attention. I now understand board certified means something. He reminds me of the physician I had back home in Nebraska.
Not since I left my small town doctor twenty years have I found an MD that cares. Add to that ...this guy really knows medicine. A true find. Proves always ask a nurse to suggest an MD when you need one. My old girl friend worked with him at the hospital. She is gone from my life but Dr. G will be in my life whenever I get sick.
I first saw Dr. Goldstein by emergency recommendation from another doctor, and subsequently brought another member of my family to see him. He is accessible and more responsive than any doctor I've dealt with in my adult life. Though not effusive, he is nice, asks plenty of questions and in my experience takes an intelligent and measured approach to treatment(specifically, he doesn't rush to over-medicate). There's another reviewer on this site that complains he's an old fashioned doctor, to which I respond--hooray! I wish all my doctors were this "old-fashioned." I offer an unconditional recommendation.
Dr. Goldstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Medical Center
Mt Sinai Hospital
56 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1957
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Marvin Goldstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Court Mental Health, 65 E 96th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marvin Goldstein in this video.
Dr. Marvin Goldstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.