Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marvin P Jones has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
I think ppl always complain and nitpick about anything they think will be heard by others. Dr. Jones is a great doctor. He takes time with his patients and answers every question thoroughly. What ppl fail to realize is that he is only one provider and is handling his primary patients, urgent care, and the hospital. Really he has improved on the wait time but he is only one man. Whoever has a problem go to the freakin ER and complain about that.....
Let me start by saying that when I have been able to see Dr. Jones I was satisfied with his care. He is a knowledgeable personable physician. On the other hand, the wait time is prohibitive. 90mins average wait for scheduled appointments. The last time we were there a person with a mop repeatedly walked through open treatment areas, stopping to chat before going through the door. Ick! The wait time is a huge issue for both myself and my husband. It requires at minimum a half a day out of work for a visit.We will be changing Doctors.
Again, another 2.5 hours waiting, before I see HIM. He prefers to stay behind the reception desk, while I am sitting in an open room, across the hallway. Without even saying "hello", he is questioning what happened and making fun of my accent - across the hallway!! He didn't even have the decency to walk up to me after I waited for 2.5 hours. I know he will charge me for his "thorough examination". Also, this time, I was there for severe pain in my foot that needed to be x-rayed. Why do I have to be weighed, taken temperature or blood pressure? I was there for a physical 2 weeks ago - give me a break. This is probably money coming in for nothing. From previous experience, this office changes doctors and does not even tell you that your doctor is no longer available when you schedule your follow-up appointment. You should look for another practice if you need a doctor or PCP who makes at least the impression he/she cares for you or your well-being.
34 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Jacksonville Health Ed Prog
Dr. Marvin P Jones accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCamden Urgent Care, 1375 E King Ave, Kingsland, GA
Dr. Marvin P Jones is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kingsland, GA.