Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marvin Peiken
Dr. Marvin Peiken, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington Heights, IL, with another office in Rolling Meadows, IL. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Peiken is affiliated with Northwest Community Hospital and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Marvin Peiken has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Peiken is an excellent diagnostician. He is extremely thorough at annual physical exams. Goes over all current meds, any new complaints, doesn't recommend any unnecessary testing. He really listens to the patient and answers all questions. Although cautious, he does not over react to the prognosis. Always puts you at ease. You can be confident with his decisions.
Dr. Peiken is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northwest Community Hospital
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
38 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Marvin Peiken accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marvin Peiken in this video.
Dr. Marvin Peiken is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington Heights, IL.