Dr. Marvin Witt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marvin Witt?

Reckless Benzo Prescribing

Posted on December 8th, 2017

Without exaggeration, Dr. Marvin Witt very nearly cost me my life and they have certainly destroyed my health in a profound way. To begin with, one of ACP’s cardiologists prescribed me a psychotropic drug called clonazepam, for a tight chest. Cardiologists have no place prescribing these medications. Furthermore, he prescribed a very large quantity, notwithstanding that the New York State Department of Health Guidelines clearly state, in a broadly cited pamphlet distribution that clonazepam should never be prescribed beyond 2 - 4 weeks. After a short term of taking clonazepam I found I was unable to sleep (at all) without it. I visited Dr. Marvin Witt about this and he immediately, without hesitation reinstated clonazepam and continued to do so for 7.5 years completely unmonitored. During this time I developed profound periods of depression, anxiety, insomnia and boils and rashes for the first time in my life. I developed cataracts in both eyes at the age of 52 (it’s documented that clonazepam causes these conditions if prescribed long term). Each time I returned to the Dr. Witt he failed to connect my condition to his prescribing of clonazepam and instead prescribed a myriad of additional pharmaceuticals. Eventually I developed complete tolerance to the clonazepam meaning that I had night sweats, night terrors and excruciating insomnia. At this point Dr. Witt wrote to me by email on ACP’s portal instructing me to discontinue clonazepam “cold turkey” (this was the precise term he used). Two days later I was unable to walk or talk and I was having myoclonic seizures and my friends took me to the ER whereupon they reinstated me with clonazepam telling me that abrupt discontinuation was life threatening. I returned to ACP and saw a different physician (Dr. Thomas Moore) who explained that I needed to discontinue clonazepam but that ACP did not have the expertise to oversee a taper. He told me I needed to seek assistance from an addiction specialist although he did not refer me to one. In other words they admitted they had gotten me dependent on a drug from which they had no idea how to get me off. I had to find an addiction psychiatrist at the cost of thousands (none of these take Insurance). I had to taper slowly with the help of a compounding pharmacist which also cost me thousands. In the period of my self-styled taper I had nine months of sleeping between zero and two hours out of every 24. I had hallucinations, nighttime and daytime terrors, and worst of all akasthesia which meant I was compelled to march on the spot pretty much every waking moment. And guess how many times ACP physicians reached out to enquire for my welfare? The answer is none. To anyone reading this, I promise and guarantee there is zero exaggeration in the above commentary. If anyone requires further information I will happily provide with documentary evidence. I am now physically disabled from Dr. Witt’s medical treatment. I have been free of clonazepam and any related meds for 18 months and although my mind is liberated with zero depression or anxiety, my central nervous system is severely compromised. My muscles are profoundly stiff 24/7 as clonazepam is a muscle relaxant and without it the muscles can no longer function efficiently. I cannot descend subway stairs without assistance and I was an elite athlete before Dr. Witt got me. I believe with every ounce of my being that these physicians’ white coats should be replaced with orange jump suits. But I would encourage anyone reading this, be they current patients or prospective, to consider the dangers this certain members of the ACP medical group may present to them, in light of my experiences. I have written to ACP explain this situation and requesting explanations but so far they have not even acknowledged my complaint. I fear that they may regard safety under the veil of silence.

Posted on August 8th, 2017

Very nice experience today. Highly recommend.

Excellent

Posted on December 7th, 2015

Excellent

Great doctor, highly recommend him.

Posted on August 12th, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Witt and his group off and on for years. He is very professional, thorough and has great bedside manner. His staff has been with him for many years which speaks volumes for him.

Love Dr. Witt!

Posted on May 1st, 2015

Really listens to what you have to say and what your concerns are.

AM HAPPY TO SEE HIM EVERY YEAR

Posted on April 24th, 2015

Posted on October 29th, 2013

Dr. Witt is a great doctor. He is very smart and intuitive. He has great bedside manners. He is a true professional and a well- rounded physician. I feel extremely fortunate to have discovered him, and now consider him my lifetime doctor.

Posted on August 26th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Witt by one of my co-workers. At first, I was a little skeptical because I just moved to the city and I did not know where I would find a great primary care doctor. However, I called his office to schedule an appointment and I was impress I was able to see him the same day. The office staff members were very professional and courteous. For years I have been suffering from anxiety and moving to a new city with a new job had added to my anxiety. However, my visit with Dr. Witt put me at ease, he was very empathic to my situation. Leaving the office I felt better about my situation because I was able to get the medical help I needed. I was told to make a follow up appointment in a month. Again, my visit to the office was pleasant, the staff and Dr. Witt were welcoming from the beginning to the end of my visit. I would definitely recommend Dr. Witt and his staff to anyone looking for a great primary care doctor, I even recommended him to a few family members.

Posted on August 8th, 2017