Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Marwan Shaykh
Dr. Marwan Shaykh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL, with another office in Salem, VA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Dr. Shaykh is affiliated with Lewis-Gale Medical Center, Orange Park Medical Center Inc and Pulaski Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Marwan Shaykh has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 112
Upon arrival to my initial appointment w/ Dr. Shaykh we were invited into the office with only a curt greeting, no eye contact, no hand shake. He proceeded to glance at each page in my medical file, so quickly that I'm sure he couldn't have gleaned much. He had not reviewed anything before we entered his office! I regretted sending over my paperwork, b/c he seemed so irritated by having to look through it all. Without asking any questions he informed me that he doubts I have PCOS and that my recurrent miscarriages are nothing to worry about. Said we should just keep trying. He actually cursed multiple times during the visit and dismissed many of my (valid, researched) concerns. He performed a very brief ultrasound, I had to ask many questions in order to get anything from it. He agreed to order some labs, but not b/c he thought I needed them - only b/c the miscarriages are causing me psychological distress. I felt like I'd been sucked through a time warp to 1830 or something - with a cold, uncaring misogynistic doctor insinuating that my only problem was typical female 'hysteria'. I couldn't believe his lack of people skills and bedside manner. I honestly felt like we were bothering him. His lack of empathy and unwillingness to listen were astonishing. If you're a recurrent miscarriage patient looking for answers or solutions, I don't think you'll find them here. Also, as previous reviewers have mentioned, he answered a personal call and texted during my brief visit! Never in my life...
Very knowledgible doctor and staff but they were all a bit unorganized. Files were lost and required amount of prescriptions were never accurate. The doctor always put blame on the patient. I was a bit shocked that the doctor never wanted to take resposnibility for anything that went wrong and everything went wrong.
Dr. Shaykh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Orange Park Medical Center Inc
Pulaski Community Hospital
Montgomery Regional Hospital
Baptist Medical Center - Beaches
Memorial Hospital Jacksonville
St Vincent Williamsport Hospital
LewisGale Medical Center
Saint Vincent's Medical Center
40 Years Experience
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Marwan Shaykh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marwan Shaykh in this video.
Dr. Marwan Shaykh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.